Halfway Evaluation


Halfway Evaluation

I am half way through my FMP project now and I want to look over my current work and do a brief evaluation about how I am doing as well as making me have a better idea about what I need to focus on in the final half of the project. I feel like I have stayed on track quite well, this is due to me having kept vivid notes and lists in my journal of what I have been doing in my lesson as well as always making clear notes and to do lists when I feel slightly behind. I feel like because of this I have got a lot done with my project which I’m glad about as I did say I was going to do a lot in my product proposal but I am still aiming to meet as many of those goals as I can.
   
When I started this project, I had to write out my project proposal sheet which would show where my FMP project was going to be based on. I chose my own theme because I didn’t feel a passionate drive with any of the provided themes. This is why I came up with me working on a project that incorporated make-up as this is a department I also enjoy. In the project proposal I stated that I wanted it to fix the problem of customers that don’t know enough about makeup being overwhelmed when trying to find products. This was my main issue when starting the project and was my main point I wanted to change with a make-up brand preferably a drug store company. I went with a drug store company that I though would best fit my ideas which I displayed in my research pages. As I have said I knew I wanted to make it easier to customers who didn’t know what to buy but I also stated that I wanted to re-brand the company which means more then just new packaging. I wanted to create a new look to the brand including a new logo, new packaging, new visuals for the company like poster and makeup stands as well as a fresh message to send out. This is where I discover another Issue in the makeup industry that I was passionate about and wanted to use this in my re-branding as well. That was promoting equality in the makeup shades companies provide in their products. This has taken up a lot of the first half of my project as the first thing I tackled was the logo for the brand. I wanted the message of promoting equality really incorporated into the logo. I know that it is finished now as the logo is complete and I feel really strongly that I have created a logo that helps show that message, but like I said I also want to show women and men who ware makeup that they can be included even if they don’t know a lot about it. This is what I have started to focus on the packaging and the stand, which will solve this problem. I am confident that I will get this message across with my current ideas. If I want to meet my original goals that I set in my project proposal then I have to stay on track with my ideas for the packaging and stand that I have now. I am confident I will meet all my goals in the next five weeks.

As I have spoke about in the last paragraph I have had one thing to develop as a major goal to meet since I started the project and that is all that all women and men who are looking to buy makeup can with no hassle about finding their skin colour or undertones. I found that I was passionate about making a stand for this message with a drug store brand, as most low budget drug store brands don’t have a diverse range for darker skin tones and even sometime extremely pale skin either. This is the only thing that has changed since starting the project. I wanted to add this in because it makes my message so much more important with it widening the audience of my re-brand.

I am really happy with my research side of my project. I got a lot of my research done in the first week or two of the project but I have added things to it as I have been going as new things pop up meaning I want to look more into it. I found that my initial research though really did help and it was definitely crucial. What I am talking about here is the pages on my blog where I looked into the different brands that is at the drug store making sure I was picking the right brand for me to re-brand as well as looking at the way the drug store is set out to see what I could improve. All the things I looked into will help me whether it is to point out big issues I can improve or to boosted my generally knowledge on the brand or beauty community which allows me to relate to the company and how the business works.

When at collage I can always get help or assistance from staff whether it's help to understand who to do something or if it’s just their opinion on my work or the way I am taking the project. I have lots of help over the last five weeks of them with regular conversations where I can talk about what I have been doing in that lesson showing of my work whether it's sketches, illustrations on the macs or even the way I have set up my blog. This is really helpful as it allows me to talk about my ideas instead of just putting it into my journal.

Lastly, I want to talk about what I plan to do in the next half of my project so that I am meeting my initial product proposal. When I get back the first thing I am going to do is do the last page of my zine as well as uploading it to my blog, once that is done I will be officially finished with the logo and the new message I want to put across. Then I want to finish off the packaging for my stand. I have a whole vision for the concept to making the stand more workable for the everyday consumer of Maybelline which I will be talking about on my blog. This will also include some research to back up my points but this is a very important part of my project. A second counterpart for my vision to work is a newly designed makeup stand but I don’t know if I will be able to make a demo version like I originally though as I might run out of time but as long as I have the visuals for it I will be happy. Then finally I want to place all my research, designing and marketing work to come together in one big vision bored so that I can display my work to others. I want this to be easy to display so that if someone from Maybelline was interested in re-branding they could look at my vision bored and understand all that I have been working on.

These are my current thoughts on how my project is going and I hope that the next final half goes as smoothly as the first, as I felt I didn’t have too many problems that majorly set me back, even though there were times that I didn’t like a design I still managed to carry on to develop it into something I liked. I hope that I can carry on this way.                       

Completed - 12/04/2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetic Products - Safety Regulations

Chosen Brand: Maybelline New York

Zine Front Cover