Paula Scher

Graphic Design Artist

Paula Scher is a graphic designer from Washington D.C in America, born October of 1948. She has made major impact in her career working with big brand as well as impcatful movements. Her work is very distinctive and original to her own style making her a massive inspiration. It is very important to have your work easily recognisable as it makes you have a unique style that distinctive to your work and the projects you are working on.

She began her career as an art director in the 1970`s and throw to the early 80`s. In this her bold approach to typography became highly popular as well as very influential to observers. In the mid 90`s her she began working with the public theatre which she went onto help create the landmark identity. The distinctive designs that she made are still influencing there style to this day with the bright colour theme along with the bright pop art like imagery.

Her graphic skills have also been used to help create new identities and brandishing for brands like Tiffany & Co, Microsoft, Citibank and the Sundance Institute. These are just some of the brands she has worked with in her career but I think it gives you a understanding of her talent and her originality that these big brands have worked with her and accepted her vision of there ideas. 

Paula Scher has developed identity, branding systems, promotional materials, environmental graphics, packaging and publication designs.She has  also been on the board of directors for The Public Theater, and is a frequent design contributor to The New York TimesGQ and other publications which shows her skills are wild and expressive to the "graphic design" borders she has done all types of projects in her career that have to do with graphic design and the visual understanding of designs. I really admire this and hope that in the future I can have a wild range of skills to be able to use all aspects in design projects but for the project I am currently doing I still find her influential. What I take away from looking more into Paula Scher for my FMP project is that when it comes to branding I should make sure I am sticking to what the brand wants but making my style present. If I don`t then my work will never my very distinctive at making a lasting impact. When it comes to graphic design I believe I need to find my balance of my own and the brands own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetic Products - Safety Regulations

Chosen Brand: Maybelline New York

Zine Front Cover