Product Proposal and Timeline

Section 1: Rationale

In the beginning of this course I knew that I wanted to work in visual communications, as I have always loved the thought of working in that area, designing packaging and campaigns. I have also had experience in fashion and 3D in the past, but I realized that I am not as passionate about them, so I wanted to create a theme for this new project that will allow me to use these skills, but focused on visual communication. This is why I decided to create a theme and project, that would allow me to use my new skills that I gained from my last unit. This allowed me to develop skills in adobe illustrator and adobe Photoshop. I have already had experience in packaging design from AS education which is why I came up with the idea to put both of these together and create a project, that would allow me to create a visual campaign as well as packaging and  other physical objects for my designs.     

Section 2: Project concept
The concept was of me wanting to come up with an idea that allowed me to use both a visual poster campaign as well as brand packaging. The next thing for me to think about is what would my re-brand be on.  I realized that it had to be something I was passionate about and that I knew enough about. This is when I came up with re-branding a makeup brand as there is a massive underlining issue with make-up brands. The issue is that most adults or young teenagers don’t know enough about make-up to get the best out of it and it can be overwhelming when it comes to selecting the right products. I believe this is a blip in the market and I would like to help create a campaign that would help brands make their products sell better, as well as helping the customer. I myself am quite passionate about make-up and I feel confident enough to create this re-brand with my own knowledge as well as some help from primary and secondary research. As of now I don’t know what brand I want to re-brand but I am thinking that I want it to be a drug store brand, as most beginners would not want to spend a lot on makeup when they don’t feel confident about it.  I am hoping to gain better skills in illustrator creating more challenging designs as well as learning new design software that will help to promote my vision.


Section 3: Evaluation

My evaluations will help me to keep on schedule and make sure I am always analyzing and evaluating my work.  I will regular up-date my blog and notebooks to illustrate all my design concepts and colour choices. Continued feedback from my target audience and regular analysis and progress checks with my peers and tutors, will keep me on track of creating something that I want, as well as meeting my issues with most beauty brands.  




Project action plan and timetable
Week
Date week
beginning
Activity/what you intend to do - including independent study
Resources / what you will need to do - including access to resources

1

24th of February – 4th of March
I wont to get all my starting ideas across as well as setting up   my blog and putting together all my main research.
I will just need a computer with access to the internet as well as magazines and real life stores to show the problem I am trying to fix.

2

5th of March – 11th of March
After coming up with most of my research I will focus on the re-branding so I can get a feel for the brand before coming up with a whole design concept.
For this I will also use light computer research to help me look into the chosen brand to redesign as well as sketching out some ruff logo, text and slogan designs that I can latter prefect digitally.

3

12th of March – 18th of March
In this week I hope I have finalized some ruff designs that I could then design playing with color and factures from the software like illustrator.
Like I said I will be using the computer software like illustrator and Photoshop. I will also use my printer at home to scan in my sketches so that I can use the as a clear guideline if I love the design.

4

19th of March – 25th of March
After coming up with my logo, color theme and font I will be able to start coming up with packaging ideas. I will have to come up with packaging for my different produces including info on what it dose.
For this I will need a pencil for sketching and illustrator among other programs to help me bring my ideas more to life. I wont spend to long on them as there will be multiple designs.

5

26th of March – 1st of April
When I have come up with design ideas for the package with shape ideas and materials I will be able to plan out my store stand these will just be sketches to allow me to be able to help decide on how the packaging will looking and fit allowing me to make it more ergonomic.
For this I will do the same as before and sketch them out then carving them out in illustrator.

6

16th of April – 22nd of April
After coming up with the final stand and packaging design I like I can start finishing the packaging and go into depth of all the different product I will need packaging for. I will be making samples of these.
I will most likely need to use the laser cutter to help me get all my nets printed as well as having the net design over the top i.e. paper and logo prints.

7

23rd of April – 29th of April
Then I need to start to create the posters and signs for the stand as well as the promotion magazine spreads and so on. 
For this I will need to use photography to help display the makeup but I will need to edit them by adding in logos and detail’s. I will use Photoshop for this. 

8

30th of April – 6th of May
Then I will focus on the leaflets that will come with bundles to help explain all the steps. 
This will be done on the computers then printed together.


9
7th of May – 13th of May
In the last weeks I will be going through all my work and fine tuning and adding in details I feel are needed. 
This could mean I need any of the resources I have used before.
10
14th of May – 20th of May
This week I will focuses on my evaluation and making sure I have talked about everything in my overall project.
I will write this out on word.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetic Products - Safety Regulations

Chosen Brand: Maybelline New York

Zine Front Cover