Logo Trends of 2017

LOGO TRENDS 2017


I wanted to look more into logo design and what the in depth styles can mean so I first looked into a website called logo lounge as they do a detailed review every year about the logo treads that they have found over there research and site activate every year. One of the first point that I see them talking about is that trends are being flipped around a lot more quicker now a days as they are so many designers that are constantly burning through ideas and concepts. It talks about how there are limited ideas out now a days and how a lot of things we see are ideas from ten years ago but just given a "fresh coat of paint".

The three design baselines they talk about that they have noticed over the year was that there are still treads from 2016 still running through the design posses of logos now which is not a bad thing as it just shows its popularity. The first was thing is that the simplistic vibe was still ruling last year as simple line work, shapes, type and forms were still very popular and often used in new and remodelled logo designs. He says how he believes that this year there was actually more of a focus on these elements and that it was a lot more popular in resent times, meaning that it is still at its peak. Another point was that stripes have been used frequently and not just as the traditional pattern but in letterforms which I agree with. I have noticed those logos are using zigzag, waves and chevrons to create depth and the illustration of movement in letters. Lastly the website states that geometry is also coming in to play with logo design and once again I totally agree as that is what inspired one of my design that I have already sketched out as I know that this is a massive up and coming trend that is begging to show through already. I think that all of these three main trends that this website has started are very true as I have also though that they were big trends that I personally saw myself.

Another point that it talks about is the way some trends are timeless and come back to life all the time showing that one element can be constantly evolved being used in different ways to put new twists on old tricks. An example of this is with transparency being used with logos and it was used in a big brands logo development. An example of this is master card as they recently re-invented their logo. The designers used transparency as a way to keep a link to the original logo but to make it more simple and clean cut which we know is another tread this shows that the company are progressing into the future times but using the transparency element is a way to keep timeless at the same time. 

This is why I want to incorporate new treads in my designs as well as keeping some elements timeless, using techniques like transparency and mono-lines. I will be using the element in my future designs and developments. I want to use these techniques in my future design and development, as I am re-branding in my project, which means that it will have new aspects as well as being lifted more into the modern world. This is why I have to make sure it has links to the current trends as a way to show it is progressing with the times like any brand should especially Maybelline because they bring out new on trend products all the time.


Finally, I am going to finish this summary of the logo trends of 2017 with some techniques that this article has credited as popular but not yet full tends. These could be good to subtly incorporate, as they might become big trends in the future. These are orbiting rings; these can be used on their own or in design as an extra-added detail. Highly geometric animals have also been listed as popular witch I agree with, as I have seen them all over Pinterest and social media with peoples own designs I have also seen it used on more smaller businesses at well, if you look to the left you will see what I am on about. Another smaller trend that is seen to be develop in popularity is being seen is the use of washed out colour behind mono-line designs I have a photo to the right showing you what I mean and this is a small development as I have already spoke about how mono-line is a timeless trend that come back and forth. There are a few more but I feel they don't need to be mentioned as they are so small and specific but I will be noting down in my mind and could look back at them when stuck for ideas.


https://www.logolounge.com/articles/2017-logo-trends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetic Products - Safety Regulations

Chosen Brand: Maybelline New York

Zine Front Cover