Potential Client

I need to look into drugstore make-up brands that I feel need the most help and have the resources to work with the ideas I have. This is why I'm going to be looking into all the biggest brands in the drug store at the moment, so that I can come to a thorough decision.

The first make-up brand that I am going to look into is L`Oreal Paris. As you know I already saw one of there stand in my local boots which I talked about on my issue page but I do think this brand would be a good one to chose as they have got a lot of products that I know to be good as well as having products that vary in type. What I mean by this is that they have mutual foundations and mascaras that all do different things which is good as I would be able to help people pick the products that are good and right for there skin type. I do think that this brand could do with a makeup reboot as they do have many other branches under L`Oreal like there skin care, hair dye, hair care and mans skin care. This is definitely I good brand for me to be-brand. The only problem is that I wouldn't be able to change to much to the logo as it is a iconic brand.     


The next make-up brand that I could look into is Maybelline New York. This brand is very popular and hold some of the best items at the drug store from there amazing fit me concealer that is a very similar dup to the £24 Nars concealer. I would like working with this brand as they do have such good products to work with. I also like that they don't have an extended franchise which makes me be able to explore the logo design more. They also have on trend celebrates as the face of there make-up which helps race awareness of the re-brand more public as they brand can spend less on promotion due to the main stream models posting about it.   


 
This is another brand that I mentioned on my issue page, this was more of a way to show what other brands should be doing as they did have more organized stands as well as help pointers. This brand is a very popular brand in the drug store but its more popular with younger women and men who love experimenting with new makeup and bright colours. I don't think that this brand would be the best to redesign as it works really well with its target audience, as it is a pro line, which means it was designed around professionals. If you look at the image I under the NYX logo you will see a screenshot from there website. I took this to show the type of makeup people create with there products as NYX promote the most creative and trendy looks and that's what they hope for when creating there products which is why after looking more into them I don't think they will be my chosen brand to re-brand. I just don't think they work with what I want to help with as they aren't for beginners and they are happy with the response they are getting to there products. 
     




The next big brand in the drugstores is Rimmel London. This brand is very popular for first time buyers in make-up as it has a lot of products even that are a bit cheaper then L`Oreal and Maybelline. I know that it was the brand I brought my first couple of products from as well as a lot of my friends. This brand play with a lot of blue and reds in there packaging as a play on there English base. This brand is also sold in America but I would defensively say that its not as popular there as it is over here. They have worked with some big U.K faces on there campaigns and for modelling the cosmetics. These have been working with Kate Moss for years as well as other big names like Rita Ora and Cara Delevingne and Georgia May Jagger. This brand has a slightly smaller collection of products them Maybelline but they do still have a lot of options for the user.

The last make-up brand that I will be looking into is sleek, they have grown very quickly having some sell out products to rise them in popularity but the problem i have with this brand is that i think they have to small of a collection at the moment as they are such a new company. In stores they have one of the smallest stand meaning that not all of there items can be fully shown of, but when looking into them online they do have a lot of certain products like highlighter and eye shadow products but they don`t have many foundation and concealers which I would need for first time users. I don`t think this brand would work for what I want to show in this re-brand as I don`t think the brand is developed enough to work with what I am looking for.        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetic Products - Safety Regulations

Chosen Brand: Maybelline New York

Zine Front Cover